Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Goodbye First Trimester

I've come to the end of my first trimester and thought I would reflect on the highlights, low lights, and what-the-heck-ights of this pregnancy. Let me give you the week by week blow...

Week 1-2: Dr's count these two weeks because they can't actually pinpoint the exact date of conception, even though you probably are not pregnant yet. Needless to say these weeks were easy!

Week 3: Still feeling good, thinking I may be pregnant but too early to test. My hair and skin are
loving the prenatal vitamins...maybe this is part of the "pregnancy glow".

Week 4: We're pregnant, clueless, and loving it!

Week 5: Baby's first trip out of the country- off to Nicaragua. The girls had no idea, and won't let me live it down.

Week 6: The Book, also known as "What to Expect When Your Expecting" tells me I may start feeling nausea. Right on schedule this pregnancy begins to make me feel sick ALL DAY LONG.

Week 7: Our first prenatal appointment with the RN. Also, baby's first trip to Ohio to share the news with the Metz family and where baby blueberry is nicknamed.

Week 8: Shared the news with the Worst family. Beginning to tire of my nausea diet of toast with a side of crackers. Also this week, I HATE all smells. Eventually I throw out Mike's deodorant, and decide the smell of sweat is less nauseating.
Week 9: I now pee more times in one day than I would all week pre-pregnancy. Really.
Week 10: Our first appointment with the Dr. and we got to hear the heartbeat! This was by far the best moment since finding out we were pregnant. Days after, Mike continues to ask me to "Make the heart beat noise"

Week 11: Shared the news with more family and now friends. I've also hit puberty...again. I am breaking out and my chest is growing. A plus and a minus I suppose.

Week 12: A turning point! All day nausea decreases to night time only. Bed time is 9:30pm, and occasionally a seven o'clock nap turns into one LONG nights sleep! Pregnancy kicks Tylenol PM's butt.

Week 13: Belly bump begins to surface, and I can no longer button my pants. In related news, I like to eat again...

This is week 14 and I'm looking forward to what the 2nd trimester will bring! I spared you most of the scary 1st trimester details...but if you want the uncut version just give me a call. It includes more fluids and gases, and may not be suitable for all readers:)

2 comments:

  1. Belly bump picture post please :)

    Love,
    Your Stalker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I was there for the heart beat phone calls. Very exciting! Dad

    ReplyDelete