Saturday, September 4, 2010

Made with Love

Friends of ours from Ohio found a do it yourself website that gives you plans for building your own furniture. They built their own baby dresser/changing table, and we decided to take up the challenge ourselves. The site www.ana-white.com/ gives you the plans and you do the rest.

I am always offering ideas to Mike...trips, projects, plans. When he hears me say..."I have an idea", I'm pretty sure he hears "I have work for you to do". And this time that was true, but he still took me up on it! I'm so thankful he did...


We bought all the material from Lowes...

The site pointed out, "This is not a beginner project". So we called on our family expert, and Papa Worst was a huge help! With the materials, plans, and expert carpenter we (by we I mean Mike and his dad) were ready to build!



It felt like forever, but it was exciting to get to the point where we could prime and paint!

Putting on the finishing touches!
Pottery barn baskets...thanks Aunt Jenny!
Ready to be filled with baby clothes!

And not to be left out, Mike also re-painted this rocker we bought from Craigs List. Oddly enough, the rocker belonged to an extended cousin of Mike's and so it's basically a family heirloom:)

Ready to go! I had this Field of Dreams notion that, "If you build it, it will come"...the baby, however, is apparently not on the same page.

This is the best picture I can offer of the baby's room. A small space makes it difficult to take pictures. You can see it's fairly neutral...and I'm looking forward to adding PINK or BLUE in the weeks to come!

Thank you Mike for all your hard work. Every time I look at the dresser I think of the time you spent making it for our baby. You will be a wonderful daddy...I am so thankful to be on this journey of parenthood with you.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to see the nursery in person with the baby in it, in just a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete